Companies have many different processes for strategic planning and strategic execution. These processes are designed to support the company’s culture and size. Irrespective of a company’s size, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Strategic Execution, on August 27, 2019
Over the last 2 years, the hype around blockchain has cooled down significantly and IoT continues to penetrate everything we do. Our use case research has found over 400 significant business implementations in just about every industry and it is expected that the 12 billion IoT devices in 2020 will grow to 25 billion by 2025. The World Economic Form believes that Blockchain and IoT has the potential to reduce cost in global GDP by $3-5 trillion over the next 6 years. I believe that number is understated.
So, why should you care? …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Manufacturing and Distribution, Supply Chain Optimization, on July 13, 2019
Group50’s CEO, Jim Gitney, was recently asked by an executive about how he should manage the division he just took over as its president. Jim told him “Manage it like you are going to sell it – maximize value creation”. The executive gave a strange look and asked why that mattered. …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Anti-Strategy, Exit Planning and Transition, M&A, Manufacturing and Distribution, Strategic Execution, on May 29, 2019
The phrase “Internet of Things ( IoT )” or “Internet of Everything ( IoE )” and its application to manufacturing and distribution does not bring to mind a concrete set of images or business approach to most senior executives. In fact, the opposite is true, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, on May 17, 2019
“The world is a supply chain, every company has one and its backbone is technology.”
We just finished supply chain optimization projects for two middle market CPG companies. In one of the projects, we created programs that will reduce inventory by $15M and annual operating costs by $2.5M (You can read the case study here). …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Cost Takeout, Information Technology, Supply Chain Optimization, on May 10, 2019
- 8 Key Components of a Successful Strategic Planning and Strategic Execution Process
- Why Should You Care About Blockchain and IoT?
- Manage Your Business Like You Are Going to Sell It
- The Internet of Things – IoT : Making sense of Its Components
- Digital Supply Chain Technology …… Are you leveraging it to the fullest?
- Case Study in Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP) Process Improvement
- Digital Technology as a Strategic Asset
- 12 Purchasing Best Practices
- Group50® Recaps 2018, Announces Addition of Lara Abrams to the Group50 Team
- The Need for Technology Succession Planning