Most organizations do Leadership Succession Planning at some level of effectiveness. Very little has been written about the need for incorporating technology succession planning and while technology leadership is part of the standard succession planning model, little is done about succession planning and skills development for subject matter experts, their supporting teams and successive upgrades and new technologies. Teams …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, Talent Management, on February 10, 2019
Here are some facts to consider when deciding to add the Brown Paper Exercise to a Value Stream Mapping Project:This entry was posted in Continuous Improvement, Driving Continuous Improvement Series, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Distribution, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on December 20, 2018
In God we trust. All others must bring data
~W. Edwards Deming~
The above quote from W. Edwards Deming, widely considered as the father of quality management, tells the importance of data and its value for making decisions. The need for increased productivity requires that businesses have data-driven insights. Data-driven insights have …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Continuous Improvement, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Talent Management, on December 1, 2017
After Action Review, Post Mortem, Critique… all are terms used to describe an assessment of a project, event or activity after said project is completed. Our experience is that the After Action Review process is an important continuous improvement tool especially for major transformative activities such as the implementation of new digital technologies (software systems, user tools, etc.), …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Continuous Improvement, Organizational Development, on November 28, 2017
This entry was posted in Organizational Development, Talent Management, on November 5, 2017
There are multiple business and workforce trends occurring that are affecting every business, large and small, in every industry that will require senior leaders to rethink how they acquire, utilize and manage a workforce that consists of employees, temps and contractors. The following trends have a greater impact on middle market companies. …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Talent Management, on October 6, 2017
Continuous Improvement has a long history in the business world and after over 50 years many leadership teams we talk to believe that it can be done quickly and throughout the entire organization in 6-12 months. How wrong they are.
Part III is about …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Continuous Improvement, Driving Continuous Improvement Series, Organizational Development, on September 17, 2017
Successful enterprises across the globe have leveraged on the vast experience, in-depth knowledge and understanding of a strategic planning consultant that is capable of working with senior leadership on strategic execution: been there, done that. This effort is a cornerstone of gaining competitive advantage and thriving in highly competitive marketplaces. An effective strategic execution program facilitated by an experience strategic planning consultant helps …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Exit Planning and Transition, Global Initiatives, Information Technology, M&A, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, on November 8, 2016
Executives are faced with a conundrum when they are trying to decide on when and how to hire a consultant. There are typically 5 issues that nag an executive during this decision making process. Those issues typically go along these lines:
This entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, Global Initiatives, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Weekend Thought, on February 20, 2016
- Consultants are too expensive; especially the top tier consulting firms and they don’t get real, measureable value
- Every professional who is unemployed or underemployed is a consultant until their next job and they don’t have the appropriate bandwidth; but they are cheap
- Finding a consultant or consulting firm who is a cultural fit with the organization
- Finding a consulting firm who has all the functional resources required for an entire project.
- When to admit that we really can’t solve the problem ourselves
In the Group50’s series of Talent Management Blogs, we defined “Talent Management” as a set of integrated organizational HR processes designed to attract, develop, motivate, and retain productive, engaged employees. …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Organizational Development, Talent Management, Weekend Thought, on February 13, 2016
- Connecting the Dots – What Thanksgiving and Strategy Have in Common
- 8 Key Components of a Successful Strategic Planning and Strategic Execution Process
- Why Should You Care About Blockchain and IoT?
- Manage Your Business Like You Are Going to Sell It
- The Internet of Things – IoT : Making sense of Its Components
- Digital Supply Chain Technology …… Are you leveraging it to the fullest?
- Case Study in Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP) Process Improvement
- Digital Technology as a Strategic Asset
- 12 Purchasing Best Practices
- Group50® Recaps 2018, Announces Addition of Lara Abrams to the Group50 Team