Successful enterprises across the globe have leveraged on the vast experience, in-depth knowledge and understanding of a strategic planning consultant that is capable of working with senior leadership on strategic execution: been there, done that. This effort is a cornerstone of gaining competitive advantage and thriving in highly competitive marketplaces. An effective strategic execution program facilitated by an experience strategic planning consultant helps …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Exit Planning and Transition, Global Initiatives, Information Technology, M&A, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, on November 8, 2016
One of Group50’s specialties is helping business owners and professionals create an exit strategy. As we talk with business owners, we remind them that there are two strategies that need to be developed for a successful exit or transition
- Your personal exit strategy
- A business strategy that supports it
All business owners and professionals like yourself recognize that there is another life after they exit and what that looks like needs to be considered carefully. All of us plan on retiring, but what does retirement mean in today’s world? The answer to that question will …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, on September 1, 2016
Executives are faced with a conundrum when they are trying to decide on when and how to hire a consultant. There are typically 5 issues that nag an executive during this decision making process. Those issues typically go along these lines:
This entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, Global Initiatives, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Weekend Thought, on February 20, 2016
- Consultants are too expensive; especially the top tier consulting firms and they don’t get real, measureable value
- Every professional who is unemployed or underemployed is a consultant until their next job and they don’t have the appropriate bandwidth; but they are cheap
- Finding a consultant or consulting firm who is a cultural fit with the organization
- Finding a consulting firm who has all the functional resources required for an entire project.
- When to admit that we really can’t solve the problem ourselves
If you are like most business owners, your days are fast-paced, your activities varied and your time precious—it’s likely that you are among the 87% of owners who have no written exit plan. Yet, despite the value you’ve created in your business, you will exit at some point and need to figure out how to reap the fruit of your efforts while leaving a successful, ongoing business legacy.This entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, Weekend Thought, on February 7, 2015
Are you ready to exit your business or transition to a new role? 90% of closely held companies don’t have a documented exit plan or transition strategy for the owners. Worse yet, 90% of those strategies that do exist aren’t effectively implemented.
These results are driven by three factors: …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Company Physical, Exit Planning and Transition, on March 17, 2014
Exiting the business you have built can be taxing. It means giving up what you have created: or does it? Many founders are choosing to transition to a new role in their business doing what they love to do, rather than exiting. Regardless of your thoughts, 90% of business owners don’t have a plan and haven’t done the necessary exit planning. How ready are you? It is an emotional decision …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, on February 16, 2014
90% of closely held companies don’t have a documented exit plan or transition strategy for the owners. Worse yet, 90% of those strategies that do exist aren’t effectively implemented. Exit or Transition plans need to be holistic with the primary focus of increasing enterprise value so that the owners have more flexibility in their exit or transition options.
The following presentation focuses on a simple methodology for dealing with these realities.
Group50 has created a “Exit or Transition Planning Assessment” for closely held companies. Typically lasting 1-2 days, the assessment provides owners with a clear view of how to properly plan their exit or transition and what it will take to effectively implement it. You can read about Group50’s assessment here, request more information here, or call us at 909-949-9083 to find out more.
Subscribe below to Group50’s blog to stay on top of the latest trending topics:This entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, Strategic Execution, on November 10, 2013
In this age of the entrepreneur and “self-made businessperson,” it can be easy to forget that all professional careers eventually come to an end. More than once I have seen a successful, visionary leader without a succession plan: a family successor or business plan for post-retirement have to shut down their business, or have it shut down, because they did not have a plan or process to sustain the business after they move on. This situation is a shame- to see all of that value created over years of commitment and hard work evaporate due to the lack of a plan.
Exit and Transition planning is an important part of their responsibility. They owe it to their family, their employees and themselves. Many owners are “battle weary” in this continuing, tough economy, but it’s tough to retire or “semi-retire” absent confidence in the next wave of company leadership. …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Exit Planning and Transition, Organizational Development, on September 14, 2010
- Blockchain – IoT Strategies and Use Cases – Oil and Gas Industry
- Blockchain and IoT Strategy and Use Cases – Aviation
- Group50 Announces a Mid-Market Blockchain Working Group
- Increasing Enterprise Value by Mitigating Multiple Risk
- FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO DO TO DRIVE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT : PART V
- Where Did My Lettuce Come From? – This Question Needs an Answer!
- Group50® Consulting announces Scioebc™ the first Blockchain product powered by THINaër, the end-to-end platform for the Internet of Things
- Healthcare – Are you Getting What You Expected from Your Real Time Location System – RTLS ?
- 5 Phases of Lean Deployment – Phase 1, Exploration
- Driving Continuous Improvement: Part IV – Strategic Execution