The development of a global world class supply chain is a challenge in good times, but is really tested when a supply chain is significantly disrupted. During periods of supply and demand disruptions, like we are currently experiencing, the concept of world class is severely tested. As companies are attempting to understand the resiliency of their supply chain, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Driving Continuous Improvement Series, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Playbooks, Supply Chain Optimization, on July 13, 2020
- The Group50 team and I are very proud of working with Wrap Technologies (WRTC) to design and implement a world class manufacturing and supply chain infrastructure for their BolaWrap 100 restraint device which significantly reduces the force required to subdue suspects – taking the brutality out of apprehending suspects and making policing safer. In this project, we worked with the WRAP team to implement their technology backbone, create their supply chain operating and management systems and design their manufacturing facilities and production cells. Made in America from the ground up. Seldom do we get this type of opportunity and we are focused on implementing more manufacturing in America.This entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Supply Chain Optimization, on June 3, 2020
All of our clients are having OMNI channel discussions these days. Why? Because OMNI Channel is the front end of the supply chain and has a significant impact on supply chain optimization. These discussions are fraught with a lot of misunderstanding of what OMNI channel is and how it supports the company’s Market Effectiveness. Googling OMNI Channel delivers …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Market Effectiveness, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on January 25, 2020
Since the inception of Sales Force in 1999, CRM has gained incredible popularity in just about every business. Recent research indicates that over 90% of companies with over 11 employees use some kind of CRM. It is now used to document any customer related information you can think of and is part of a company’s Market Effectiveness. The great news …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Market Effectiveness, on January 25, 2020
The phrase “Internet of Things ( IoT )” or “Internet of Everything ( IoE )” and its application to manufacturing and distribution does not bring to mind a concrete set of images or business approach to most senior executives. In fact, the opposite is true, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, on May 17, 2019
“The world is a supply chain, every company has one and its backbone is technology.”
We just finished supply chain optimization projects for two middle market CPG companies. In one of the projects, we created programs that will reduce inventory by $15M and annual operating costs by $2.5M (You can read the case study here). …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Cost Takeout, Information Technology, Supply Chain Optimization, on May 10, 2019
Companies today increasingly recognize Digital Technology and IT infrastructure as a strategic asset that provides companies with the ability to effectively compete in its’ marketplace – an observation underscored by the Nash KPMG 2017 CIO Survey finding that CIOs sit on 62% of executive boards as opposed to 38% in 2005. While their relative importance varies slightly from year to year, the C-Suite charter for Digital Technology consistently features the following items: …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Information Technology, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, Total Cost of Ownership, on April 19, 2019
Most organizations do Leadership Succession Planning at some level of effectiveness. Very little has been written about the need for incorporating technology succession planning and while technology leadership is part of the standard succession planning model, little is done about succession planning and skills development for subject matter experts, their supporting teams and successive upgrades and new technologies. Teams …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, Talent Management, Value stream mapping, on February 10, 2019
Most companies are struggling to identify the value of IoT (Internet of Things) and Blockchain in their business. That is partly due to the relationship between Strategy and IoT. While there is a need to have an IoT strategy, it needs to be a subset of the ultimate business strategy. IoT is an enabling technology that allows the business to rethink it strategy, how it goes to market and the product road (goods and services) that IoT enables. As a result, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Cost Takeout, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Strategic Execution, on January 9, 2019
Blockchain and IoT technologies provide an opportunity to significantly reduce upstream and downstream costs in the Oil and Gas Industry. The World Economic Forum estimates that the digitization of the Oil and Gas industry could unlock $1.6T of value globally and realize $140B in productivity. While Blockchain and IoT won’t be …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Strategic Execution, Total Cost of Ownership, on September 29, 2018
- Solemn Memorial Day
- How do I know if my company is at an Inflection Point?
- Nobody is coming for you… It’s YOUR Quadruple bypass.
- Inflection Point – Consequences of the Road Not Taken
- Strategy Doesn’t Matter – Unless You Can Execute It…
- Don’t Sell Products, Sell Systems – The Product Lifecycle Revenue Model
- Risky Business…Is your company wearing Tightie Whities?
- The Great Reassessment – Inflection Point
- Is Your Company at an Inflection Point?
- Strategic Maturity – An Imperative at This Economic Inflection Point