Agile Products and Services
Agile product and services design is about your ability to create leading edge products and services that quickly change as your marketplace changes. The rate of change of technology and consumer preferences is orders of magnitude faster than a company’s ability to adapt. The application of Agile methods to designing and implementing new products and services is a critical capability for every company.
Disruption typically comes from outside an industry, so for a high level of Market Effectiveness, the product and services development process is an important part of every strategic plan. The revenue lifecycle of any product is dependent on the level of innovation in your product and services roadmap because change is inevitable while innovation is not. Just selling products without services is a path to irrelevance.
Your ability to quickly differentiate your product portfolio(s) in the market place is dependent on quick innovations in both products and services. The most effective way to deal with disruptive technologies and disruptive business models is to be aware of them and to be ahead of them. We use ideation methods for broadening the group of experts used in creating a robust product and service roadmap.
Agile methods for products and services isn’t sufficient for developing and maintaining an innovative product and services roadmap. It requires discipline and process. Group50’s Agile Ideation Process follows these steps:
- Define and clearly state the “problem to solve, the solution to find or the issue to resolve” in your served markets
- Gather the baseline data
- Utilize the right tools: Guided Thinking, Brainstorming, “6 Hat Thinking”, “It Won’t Work exercises, etc., to create a list of potential ideas
- Converge/narrow the list to the potential best ideas while not discarding other ideas
- Apply data, benchmarking/best in class ideas and knowledge of where your company is, to create an action plan to move forward
- Get feedback from the marketplace
- Develop a series of measures and metrics to track your progress
- Reiterate the process frequently
Going it alone in today’s environment is a recipe for being caught off guard in your marketplace. The hardest thing to do in an organization is to challenge existing assumptions and until you do that, innovation is out of your grasp. Group50’s New Products and Services Ideation workshop provides the first steps in setting up a sustainable and scalable process.
You can reach a Group50 Products and Services Ideation expert at (909) 949-9083, drop us a line at email@example.com or request more information here.