Products and Services Ideation Workshop
Product Ideation is a process used to identify the future roadmap for products and services that will achieve the company’s Most Important Goal. It is focused on addressing “What is Possible” in served markets and developing ideas about products and services that will be valued by end users, address market needs and differentiate the company from its competition. In this workshop, a team of people (internal and external) generate ideas and solutions through a series of work sessions such as Guided Thinking, Brainstorming, “6 Hat Thinking”, “It Won’t Work” and a wealth of other ideation techniques.
Ideation is the front-end activity for creating a product and services roadmap which is a significant part of business strategy. During this workshop, the team will quickly assess Market Effectiveness, develop ideas on future product and services needs, identify gaps in the marketplace and competitive offerings, create a long list of potential ideas and narrow those ideas to a succinct list with the highest possible ROI.
- Define and clearly state the Most Important Goal, identify the problem to solve, the solution to find or the issue to resolve in served markets
- Gather the baseline data that will allow the session to move forward in a realistic manner
- Utilize a series of tools to create a list of potential ideas
- Converge/narrow the list to the potential best ideas while not discarding other ideas
- Apply data, benchmarking, best in class ideas and knowledge of where the company’s current product and services roadmap is to create an action plan to move forward
- Develop a series of measures and metrics to track progress
Length of Workshop 2-4 days
The range in time is dependent on the amount of pre-work available and completed as well as the breadth of the product portfolios
- 1 – day pre-work collecting data and assembling team
- 2 days Ideation sessions – Brainstorming, breakout sessions, feedback, etc.
- 1 day completing a prioritized list and an action plan
Who Should Attend
- Product design leaders, product managers, C-Suite leaders, marketing, sales (inside and outside the company), industry experts, futurists. engineering/technology experts, customers, intermediaries
- Organization leaders who will be responsible for ensuring the success of the plan(s).
- Understanding the process and outcomes of utilizing an Ideation/Creation component in their Design Process
- Prioritized list of the projects/ideas with the highest potential to differentiate the company in the marketplace
- Communication Plan to share process, milestone/progress and outcomes.
At the end of the Product Ideation workshop, the participants will have a fuller understanding of their served markets, their Market Effectiveness and a clear direction on the products and services roadmap that will significantly differentiate them in the marketplace and achieve the company’s Most Important Goal.
For more information or scheduling contact:
Group50® Consulting, Los Angeles, CA – (909) 944-9083 – email@example.com
(Part of Group50’s Company Physical™ Series of Cross Functional Audits: www.group50.com/company-physical)