The majority of our consulting work has been virtual and like everyone else we have adapted by developing a virtual strategic planning and strategic execution process. To us and our clients, this remote workforce thing has not been as bad as people feared. Many leaders believe that employees are more productive when working from home and several companies are reducing office space and headcount because of it – one part of their strategic plan. They all agree that executing strategy has presented more challenges because …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Global Initiatives, M&A, Manufacturing and Distribution, Market Effectiveness, Organizational Development, Product Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on September 30, 2020
The development of a global world class supply chain is a challenge in good times, but is really tested when a supply chain is significantly disrupted. During periods of supply and demand disruptions, like we are currently experiencing, the concept of world class is severely tested. As companies are attempting to understand the resiliency of their supply chain, …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Driving Continuous Improvement Series, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Playbooks, Supply Chain Optimization, on July 13, 2020
Supply Chain Risk – Supply Chain Resiliency – Knowing Where You Are Vulnerable and Doing Something About it
Supply Chain Risk and Supply Chain Resiliency are very real threats to companies as they try to recover from the pandemic, or any other disruption. It’s a topic that most companies don’t spend a lot of time on. They expect their Tier 1 suppliers to manage this reliably deliver just in time with high quality and low cost. Over the last 50 years, supply chains have evolved into complex global networks that few companies understand beyond …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Re-Opening Your Business, Supply Chain Optimization, on June 5, 2020
- The Group50 team and I are very proud of working with Wrap Technologies (WRTC) to design and implement a world class manufacturing and supply chain infrastructure for their BolaWrap 100 restraint device which significantly reduces the force required to subdue suspects – taking the brutality out of apprehending suspects and making policing safer. In this project, we worked with the WRAP team to implement their technology backbone, create their supply chain operating and management systems and design their manufacturing facilities and production cells. Made in America from the ground up. Seldom do we get this type of opportunity and we are focused on implementing more manufacturing in America.This entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Distribution, Supply Chain Optimization, on June 3, 2020
In the next few weeks, companies with under 500 employees will start receiving payments from the Paycheck Protection Act and all companies will continue to make important decisions on how to structure themselves to deal with the current downturn and prepare themselves for the future (Here is one view of the future …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Cost Takeout, Manufacturing and Distribution, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, Value stream mapping, on April 13, 2020
Group50 sponsored this webinar which focuses on Recession Planning and Fine Tuning a company’s business plan in turbulent times. Subject matter experts in Finance, Leadership and Operations discussed best practices and the Do’s and Don’ts they learned during their corporate and consulting careers and multiple economic cycles with hundreds of companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies such as GE, Black & Decker, Deloitte, Underwriters Laboratories and …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Cost Takeout, Manufacturing and Distribution, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on March 26, 2020
We are in a global recession according to global experts in a recent Forbes article. Don’t let this be your Kobayashi Maru – No Win Scenario. Every dollar not spent by consumers reduces downstream spending by 43% according to the current velocity of money statistics. No matter what business you are in, you are being impacted by this atypical recession, one that will likely rival the tech bubble of 2001 and the financial collapse of 2008. If you don’t agree, no need to read further, but can you really take that risk? …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Cost Takeout, Manufacturing and Distribution, Organizational Development, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on March 18, 2020
All of our clients are having OMNI channel discussions these days. Why? Because OMNI Channel is the front end of the supply chain and has a significant impact on supply chain optimization. These discussions are fraught with a lot of misunderstanding of what OMNI channel is and how it supports the company’s Market Effectiveness. Googling OMNI Channel delivers …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Business Transformation, Information Technology, Market Effectiveness, Strategic Execution, Supply Chain Optimization, on January 25, 2020
Over the last 2 years, the hype around blockchain has cooled down significantly and IoT continues to penetrate everything we do. Our use case research has found over 400 significant business implementations in just about every industry and it is expected that the 12 billion IoT devices in 2020 will grow to 25 billion by 2025. The World Economic Form believes that Blockchain and IoT has the potential to reduce cost in global GDP by $3-5 trillion over the next 6 years. I believe that number is understated.
So, why should you care? …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Blockchain IoT, Business Transformation, Manufacturing and Distribution, Supply Chain Optimization, on July 13, 2019
“The world is a supply chain, every company has one and its backbone is technology.”
We just finished supply chain optimization projects for two middle market CPG companies. In one of the projects, we created programs that will reduce inventory by $15M and annual operating costs by $2.5M (You can read the case study here). …Read MoreThis entry was posted in Cost Takeout, Information Technology, Supply Chain Optimization, on May 10, 2019
- Risky Business…Is your company wearing Tightie Whities?
- The Great Reassessment – Inflection Point
- Is Your Company at an Inflection Point?
- Strategic Maturity – An Imperative at This Economic Inflection Point
- Get on the Train or Get off at the Next Stop! – Inflection Point
- What is an Effective Sales Strategy? – Inflection Point
- Help! I Stopped Growing! – Inflection Point
- Podcast With Jim Gitney on What to do About Moving Through an Inflection Point
- Strategic Planning Playbook
- Virtual Strategic Planning and Strategic Execution