The development of a global world class supply chain is a challenge in good times, but is really tested when a supply chain is significantly disrupted. During periods of supply and demand disruptions, like we are currently experiencing, the concept of world class is severely tested. As companies are attempting to understand the resiliency of their supply chain, it is helpful to have a supply chain playbook on hand to provide much needed insight to what makes a supply chain world class. With that in mind, we at Group50 have published a supply chain playbook on our website which you can find here. Our playbook is broken up into 8 categories as shown below.
- Supply Chain Resiliency
- Working capital
- Quality Systems
Each category has initiatives and activities that supply chain organizations should be focused on. There are 28 initiatives and 127 activities in this playbook which we believe define a world class supply chain. While we recognize that this number of activities might seem overwhelming, the playbook also acts as a checklist for companies to assess where they are and what they need to focus on.
As supply chain subject matter experts, one of our consultants can help a company prioritize their activities in the areas that provide the highest and most immediate ROI in dealing with today’s supply chain uncertainty. We can also help a company create their roadmap to get to world class.
You can also read more about supply chain optimization on Group50’s blog.
You can see a list of our playbooks here.
- Lean Supply Chain Management – 2022 and Beyond – Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™
- Objectively Picking The Right Manufacturing Location
- Using the Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™ to Plan Next Steps
- Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs™
- Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs® – Talent Optimization
- 8 Things You Need for Recession Planning – Making the Right Choices Now
- Video Explanation of the Business Hierarchy of Needs®
- Strategy 5.0™ – Defining the Appropriate Organization Design for a Digital Future
- Strategy 5.0™ – Where to Play, How To Win, Most Important Goal
- Cost Takeout as a Strategy