The development of a global world class supply chain is a challenge in good times, but is really tested when a supply chain is significantly disrupted. During periods of supply and demand disruptions, like we are currently experiencing, the concept of world class is severely tested. As companies are attempting to understand the resiliency of their supply chain, it is helpful to have a supply chain playbook on hand to provide much needed insight to what makes a supply chain world class. With that in mind, we at Group50 have published a supply chain playbook on our website which you can find here. Our playbook is broken up into 8 categories as shown below.
- Supply Chain Resiliency
- Working capital
- Quality Systems
Each category has initiatives and activities that supply chain organizations should be focused on. There are 28 initiatives and 127 activities in this playbook which we believe define a world class supply chain. While we recognize that this number of activities might seem overwhelming, the playbook also acts as a checklist for companies to assess where they are and what they need to focus on.
As supply chain subject matter experts, one of our consultants can help a company prioritize their activities in the areas that provide the highest and most immediate ROI in dealing with today’s supply chain uncertainty. We can also help a company create their roadmap to get to world class.
You can also read more about supply chain optimization on Group50’s blog.
You can see a list of our playbooks here.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Podcast: Jim Gitney with Host David Bookbinder on “Behind the Numbers”
- Making Continuous Improvement a Reality
- Building Effective Procurement and Supply Chains Using Data Analysis -Live Webinar with Jim Gitney –
- Stopping Short of Excellence – Overcoming “Good Enough”
- Group50® Consulting in Manufacturing and Distribution
- Group50® Supply Chain Consultants: Empowering Businesses through Expertise
- Strategic Planning Consultants: Your Complete Guide
- 10 Elements of an Effective Supply Chain
- Optimizing Operations: The Role and Benefits of Supply Chain Consulting
- Managing the Productivity Cycle