We recently published a blog on Virtual Strategic Planning and have received many inquiries from readers for more information. We believe that getting your strategic plan right for 2021 and beyond is the most important thing a company can do. Because of that we have decided to offer our strategic planning playbook free to anyone who requests it. If you want a copy, send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or request it here.
In this playbook we cover three categories of activities in strategic planning.
- Assessing the current state
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Execution
There are 13 initiatives and 36 tasks in the playbook. The strategic planning playbook highlights the key elements of a successful strategic plan:
- Identification of the most important goal
- Interviews with each member of the strategic planning team
- Define “Where to Play”
- Define “How to Win”
- Create measurable KPI’s
- Identify strategic gaps and operating gaps
- Create functional strategies
- Cascade objectives
- Define strategic execution tracking methods
- Develop communication and change management programs
We use the “Where To Play” and “How To Win” approach to strategic planning coupled with identifying the Most Important Goal for a company’s strategic planning horizon.
You can see a list of our playbooks here.
If you want to speak with us about our strategic planning playbook and strategic execution processes, please call us at (909) 949-9083, drop us a line at email@example.com or request more information here.
About the Author: Jim Gitney is the founder and CEO of Group50 Consulting. He and the Group50 team are considered strategy, operations, and supply chain subject matter experts. Jim has refined Group50’s strategic planning methodology through many strategic planning sessions with companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies. His background includes 11 operational and financial transformations as well. You can find out more about Jim at: www.linkedin.com/in/jgitney and see 40 recommendations from Group50 clients.
- Lean Supply Chain Management – 2022 and Beyond – Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™
- Objectively Picking The Right Manufacturing Location
- Using the Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™ to Plan Next Steps
- Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs™
- Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs® – Talent Optimization
- 8 Things You Need for Recession Planning – Making the Right Choices Now
- Video Explanation of the Business Hierarchy of Needs®
- Strategy 5.0™ – Defining the Appropriate Organization Design for a Digital Future
- Strategy 5.0™ – Where to Play, How To Win, Most Important Goal
- Cost Takeout as a Strategy