We recently published a blog on Virtual Strategic Planning and have received many inquiries from readers for more information. We believe that getting your strategic plan right for 2021 and beyond is the most important thing a company can do. Because of that we have decided to offer our strategic planning playbook free to anyone who requests it. If you want a copy, send us a request to email@example.com or request it here.
In this playbook we cover three categories of activities in strategic planning.
- Assessing the current state
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Execution
There are 13 initiatives and 36 tasks in the playbook. The strategic planning playbook highlights the key elements of a successful strategic plan:
- Identification of the most important goal
- Interviews with each member of the strategic planning team
- Define “Where to Play”
- Define “How to Win”
- Create measurable KPI’s
- Identify strategic gaps and operating gaps
- Create functional strategies
- Cascade objectives
- Define strategic execution tracking methods
- Develop communication and change management programs
We use the “Where To Play” and “How To Win” approach to strategic planning coupled with identifying the Most Important Goal for a company’s strategic planning horizon.
Request a copy of our Strategic Planning Playbook by sending us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see a list of our playbooks here.
If you want to speak with us about our strategic planning playbook and strategic execution processes, please call us at (909) 949-9083, drop us a line at email@example.com or request more information here.
About the Author: Jim Gitney is the founder and CEO of Group50 Consulting. He and the Group50 team are considered strategy, operations, and supply chain subject matter experts. Jim has refined Group50’s strategic planning methodology through many strategic planning sessions with companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies. His background includes 11 operational and financial transformations as well. You can find out more about Jim at: www.linkedin.com/in/jgitney and see 40 recommendations from Group50 clients.
- Solemn Memorial Day
- How do I know if my company is at an Inflection Point?
- Nobody is coming for you… It’s YOUR Quadruple bypass.
- Inflection Point – Consequences of the Road Not Taken
- Strategy Doesn’t Matter – Unless You Can Execute It…
- Don’t Sell Products, Sell Systems – The Product Lifecycle Revenue Model
- Risky Business…Is your company wearing Tightie Whities?
- The Great Reassessment – Inflection Point
- Is Your Company at an Inflection Point?
- Strategic Maturity – An Imperative at This Economic Inflection Point