Question: Does your company have an opportunity to streamline business processes and staffing?
Answer: Every company has the opportunity to streamline business processes and staffing, regardless of what the economy is doing.
In every business we have worked with over the last 20 years,reducing cost and streamlining business processes present a great opportunity. This is especially true for companies that are at an Inflection Point and need to make changes to prepare for continued growth. Several of our clients continue to suffer lower profitability because of changes they made over the last few years due to the pandemic and need to right size their business. Others believe that the potential impact of geopolitics and recession require them to take action. Senior leaders can keep their fingers crossed or be proactive about those issues.
Regardless of potential threats in the marketplace, there are longer term approaches such as instilling a continuous improvement mindset throughout your organization or take more immediate actions to address bloated and ineffective business processes and organization structures.
There is an opportunity to react in a focused manor and streamline operations by engaging employees and outside experts to do Value Steam Mapping on critical business processes. This is a Win-Win for your organization in two ways:
- Realizing the improved performance through Value Stream Mapping: Lower costs, reduced headcount, better leverage of your technology backbone, more streamlined organization structure and higher profitability.
- Significant results from increased engagement as shown in the chart below.
Source: Gallup. For more details, see Gallup’s 2020 meta-analysis, The Relationship Between Engagement at Work and Organizational Outcomes: 2020 Q12® Meta-Analysis: 10th Edition. Reprinted with permission.
These improvement numbers are compelling, no, eyepopping, especially in the areas of reduced absenteeism, turnover, productivity, and profitability.
At Group50® Consulting, we offer multiple services that will enable your company to go after these numbers:
- Recession Planning Workshop
- Lean Business Assessment
- Value Stream Mapping
- Brown Paper Exercise
- Market Effectiveness assessment
- Cost Takeout services
Group50® fully engages process owners in these services to understand the company’s operating gaps and to redesign their business process(es) to meet the company’s Most Important Goal and support its strategies. Our approach significantly enhances change management and buy-in. Together, we find significant opportunities for improving efficiencies, throughput, and cost reductions. It isn’t uncommon to see double digit cost reductions in the areas we work in.
While these are great results, the more important outcome is the streamlining of business processes and organization structures that were implemented over the last couple of years, putting the business back on its proper footing. For companies that don’t know where they want to start, we start with our Recession Planning Workshop or an assessment. Most companies know where their pain points are and want us to do a Value Stream Map of a specific business process. The choice is yours.
You may also be interested in the following tow things:
- 8 Things You Need to Consider in Recession Planning: Making the Right Decisions Now.
- A new book called “Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs®“ by our CEO. It will give you substantial food for thought on realizing the results above and position your company to be much more successful in 2023.
To talk to us about how you can clean up the results of the last couple of years, take out cost and prepare for the future, call us at +1 (909) 949-9083, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or request more information here.
About the Author: Jim Gitney, CEO and Founder, started Group50® Consulting in 2004 with the focus of working with companies to significantly improve their performance by leveraging people, process and technology as part of developing a company’s strategic plan 5.0. In 2013, he created Group50’s Business Hierarchy of Needs® change management framework, a fundamental strategic planning and strategic execution guide to senior leadership teams, and was granted a trademark in 2015. This framework eliminates the existence of Anti-Strategy.
Jim has held C-suite and Board positions in large and small companies (GE, Black & Decker, Sunbeam, Rain Bird, Pankl Aerospace and others) both privately and publicly held. He is considered a subject matter expert in strategic planning, strategic execution, operations, supply chain and restructuring. He has taken best practices from around the world, worked closely with clients and other Group50® consultants to create Group50’s full suite of strategic planning and execution tools. Group50® consulting consists of consultants from every functional discipline who have spent their careers in corporate America developing strategic plans and rolling up their shirt sleeves to get it done.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Podcast: Jim Gitney with Host David Bookbinder on “Behind the Numbers”
- Making Continuous Improvement a Reality
- Building Effective Procurement and Supply Chains Using Data Analysis -Live Webinar with Jim Gitney –
- Stopping Short of Excellence – Overcoming “Good Enough”
- Group50® Consulting in Manufacturing and Distribution
- Group50® Supply Chain Consultants: Empowering Businesses through Expertise
- Strategic Planning Consultants: Your Complete Guide
- 10 Elements of an Effective Supply Chain
- Optimizing Operations: The Role and Benefits of Supply Chain Consulting
- Managing the Productivity Cycle