I read a blog posting from our strategic execution partner Cascade about the reasons strategic execution fails. To summarize, they are:
- Starting too early
- A lack of specificity
- A lack of honesty
- Resistance to change
- Lack of Rigor
More importantly, it is critical to understand why your last strategy failed. Strategic consultants should make sure everyone understands this so that the proper strategic execution roadmap can be created and implemented. We do that through our Strategic Execution Assessment which will provide your senior leadership with the appropriate insights and recommendations.
The article from Cascade is very insightful and you can read it here.
You may also want to read more articles from Group50 about strategic execution here and also consider our series on Anti-Strategy: the result of optimizing functional activities in the absence of a guiding corporate strategy.
About the author: Jim Gitney is the CEO of Group50® Consulting and specializes in the development and implementation of business strategies with a deep understanding of manufacturing and distribution. Jim and the Group50 team are all former executives with well-known companies who understand what it takes to put together and manage the implementation of a successful strategic plan. Group50 has designed a unique strategic planning methodology, a series of strategic assessments, workshops and strategic execution tools that refocus companies and their critical business processes on cash flow, working capital and profitability. You can reach us at (909) 949-9083, send a note to email@example.com or request more information here.
- Digital Technology and the Importance of the Total Cost of Ownership
- Should IT Infrastructure be in your Top 3 business priority?
- Approaching the Multi-Cloud Management Paradigm
- Leveraging Technology for Your Next Wave of Productivity
- Customer Journey Maps – Identifying Value Through Your Customer’s Eyes
- Digital Technology
- Middle Market Growing Pains
- Does Your Business Have a Robust Social Networking Strategy?
- 5 Reasons Why Strategic Execution Fails
- Doing Business in Mexico vs. China: Strategic