It is reported that 70-90% of mergers & integrations don’t deliver the value that justified the acquisition. There are many reasons, but the primary ones that tank ROI are a lack of focus related to Strategy, Culture, Project Management, Customers and Sales. Post merger integration failures typically fall into what we call the 5th stage of M&A: Alignment and Optimization which completes the integration. In order to help companies understand the depth of this challenge, Group50 has developed a post merger integration ( PMI ) playbook that covers the following categories:
- Value Creation
- Organization, Culture and Change Management
In our playbook, there are 32 initiatives and 132 tasks which provide laser focus on the challenge of post merger integration.
Group50 consultants have led or participated in 30+ integrations during their corporate and consulting careers with companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50. As seasoned PMI subject matter experts, we can help a company prioritize their activities and keep laser focused on creating value through full integration.
Our blog contains articles we have written about our mergers and acquisition experience and also visit the following Group50 web page:
- Post Merger Integration ( PMI ) Playbook
- Supply Chain Playbook
- Change Management in the Current Environment
- Supply Chain Risk – Supply Chain Resiliency – Knowing Where You Are Vulnerable and Doing Something About it
- Re-Opening Your Business – Best Practices Series
- World Class Manufacturing and Distribution – Wrap Technologies – Group50
- What is Fractional Marketing – A Way to Accelerate Your Market Effectiveness
- 90 Day Tactical Plan – The Future of Your Business
- Market Effectiveness in the New Normal
- Managing Your Way Through 2020