Growing a business is not as simple as applying a sales formula or launching an innovative product. The approach for growth changes as your business evolves through its business life cycle. Each time a company doubles in size, it hits an inflection point: a time in a company’s life cycle where its people, processes, and technologies are struggling to support the business. When that happens, sales flatten, profitability declines and growth is restrained.
In this podcast, hosted by Sam Gupta @WBSROCKS, Jim Gitney, Founder and CEO of Group50, shares his thoughts on inflection points and what senior leadership needs to know to identify them and make the necessary changes to people, process and technology to continue a company’s growth trajectory. He also shares his perspective on how to Navigate Through and Inflection Point. Click on the picture below to listen to the podcast.
Further reading about an Inflection Point can be found here.
If you want to find out more about what to do when you hit an inflection point, or if you think you are at one, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at +1 (909) 949-9083, or request more information here.
About the Author: Jim Gitney is the founder and CEO of Group50 Consulting: Strategy, operations and supply chain subject matter experts. Group50’s business is primarily in middle market manufacturing and distribution, where hitting an inflection point can be a tough experience. Group50 has worked with many companies that have hit an inflection point wall, helping them identify strategic and operating gaps in people, process and technology that are inhibiting their growth and profitability and creating transformational roadmaps that will propel them to the next inflection point.
- Video Explanation of the Business Hierarchy of Needs®
- Strategy 5.0™ – Defining the Appropriate Organization Design for a Digital Future
- Strategy 5.0™ – Where to Play, How To Win, Most Important Goal
- Cost Takeout as a Strategy
- What is the Business Hierarchy of Needs®?
- Five Things You Need To Do To Drive Continuous Improvement – Introduction
- Five Things You Need To Do To Drive Continuous improvement – Part IV – Best Practices
- What is a “ Brown Paper Exercise “ and What is its’ Value?
- Industry 5.0, People – Process – Technology – Cobotics
- Industry 5.0 – IoT and Blockchain – An Application Case Study – Flight Safety Parts