Growing a business is not as simple as applying a sales formula or launching an innovative product. The approach for growth changes as your business evolves through its business life cycle. Each time a company doubles in size, it hits an inflection point: a time in a company’s life cycle where its people, processes, and technologies are struggling to support the business. When that happens, sales flatten, profitability declines and growth is restrained.
In this podcast, hosted by Sam Gupta @WBSROCKS, Jim Gitney, Founder and CEO of Group50, shares his thoughts on inflection points and what senior leadership needs to know to identify them and make the necessary changes to people, process and technology to continue a company’s growth trajectory. He also shares his perspective on how to Navigate Through and Inflection Point. Click on the picture below to listen to the podcast.
Further reading about an Inflection Point can be found here.
If you want to find out more about what to do when you hit an inflection point, or if you think you are at one, drop us a line at email@example.com, call us at +1 (909) 949-9083, or request more information here.
About the Author: Jim Gitney is the founder and CEO of Group50 Consulting: Strategy, operations and supply chain subject matter experts. Group50’s business is primarily in middle market manufacturing and distribution, where hitting an inflection point can be a tough experience. Group50 has worked with many companies that have hit an inflection point wall, helping them identify strategic and operating gaps in people, process and technology that are inhibiting their growth and profitability and creating transformational roadmaps that will propel them to the next inflection point.
- Strategy Doesn’t Matter – Unless You Can Execute It…
- Don’t Sell Products, Sell Systems – The Product Lifecycle Revenue Model
- Risky Business…Is your company wearing Tightie Whities?
- The Great Reassessment – Inflection Point
- Is Your Company at an Inflection Point?
- Strategic Maturity – An Imperative at This Economic Inflection Point
- Get on the Train or Get off at the Next Stop! – Inflection Point
- What is an Effective Sales Strategy? – Inflection Point
- Help! I Stopped Growing! – Inflection Point
- Podcast With Jim Gitney on What to do About Moving Through an Inflection Point