Bill has over 40 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and consulting with over 400 companies. Bill has helped these companies in implementing Quality Function Deployment, Robust Design, Policy Management, Total Quality Control, the Toyota Production System, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints and Business Process Re-engineering. Among Bill’s over 400 past clients are leading companies such as Abbott Labs, Allied Signal Aerospace, Bethlehem Steel, Black and Decker, Caterpillar, Chevron, Ethicon Endosurgery, Ford Motor, Procter and Gamble, Toyota and Xerox.
A Senior Member of the American Society for Quality and a Certified Quality Engineer, Bill holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from General Motors Institute, an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Case Western Reserve University, and an M.A. in Management from Central Michigan University. Bill is a Six Sigma Master Blackbelt, a Master Blackbelt in Design for Six Sigma, a Jonah (Goldratt Institute, theory of constraints), and a Lean Master.
A prolific writer, Bill has authored three books on business improvement and been a contributing author to Materials Handling Management and other trade journals.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Podcast: Jim Gitney with Host David Bookbinder on “Behind the Numbers”
- Making Continuous Improvement a Reality
- Building Effective Procurement and Supply Chains Using Data Analysis -Live Webinar with Jim Gitney –
- Stopping Short of Excellence – Overcoming “Good Enough”
- Group50® Consulting in Manufacturing and Distribution
- Group50® Supply Chain Consultants: Empowering Businesses through Expertise
- Strategic Planning Consultants: Your Complete Guide
- 10 Elements of an Effective Supply Chain
- Optimizing Operations: The Role and Benefits of Supply Chain Consulting
- Managing the Productivity Cycle