Bill has over 40 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and consulting with over 400 companies. Bill has helped these companies in implementing Quality Function Deployment, Robust Design, Policy Management, Total Quality Control, the Toyota Production System, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints and Business Process Re-engineering. Among Bill’s over 400 past clients are leading companies such as Abbott Labs, Allied Signal Aerospace, Bethlehem Steel, Black and Decker, Caterpillar, Chevron, Ethicon Endosurgery, Ford Motor, Procter and Gamble, Toyota and Xerox.
A Senior Member of the American Society for Quality and a Certified Quality Engineer, Bill holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from General Motors Institute, an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Case Western Reserve University, and an M.A. in Management from Central Michigan University. Bill is a Six Sigma Master Blackbelt, a Master Blackbelt in Design for Six Sigma, a Jonah (Goldratt Institute, theory of constraints), and a Lean Master.
A prolific writer, Bill has authored three books on business improvement and been a contributing author to Materials Handling Management and other trade journals.
- Lean Supply Chain Management – 2022 and Beyond – Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™
- Objectively Picking The Right Manufacturing Location
- Using the Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs ™ to Plan Next Steps
- Supply Chain Hierarchy of Needs™
- Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs® – Talent Optimization
- 8 Things You Need for Recession Planning – Making the Right Choices Now
- Video Explanation of the Business Hierarchy of Needs®
- Strategy 5.0™ – Defining the Appropriate Organization Design for a Digital Future
- Strategy 5.0™ – Where to Play, How To Win, Most Important Goal
- Cost Takeout as a Strategy