Renée LaBran has 25+ years of operating, strategic and financial experience in corporate and early-stage company settings, and in a range of industries that include internet / digital media, technology and consumer products. Having worked as a management consultant, an operating executive and a venture capitalist, she is able to help corporations to drive growth and innovation and to manage in the face of disruption from new technologies, changing consumer needs, and other key trends. In addition to strategy development, she is also experienced in M&A and financial management.
After starting her post-MBA career as a management consultant to Fortune 500 companies, Renée worked for Times Mirror / LA Times where in addition to managing over $300M in revenues, she co-founded two Internet start-ups backed by media companies. From Times Mirror, Renée moved into venture capital, investing in early stage technology companies, and providing growth capital to consumer products companies. She currently serves as a consultant / advisor and Board Director at Idealab and other companies. Ms. LaBran holds a degree in economics from the University of California at Berkeley, and an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Strategy and Its Implementation Presentation – International Association of Strategic Planners
- Manage Self – Lead Others Podcast with Nina Sunday and Jim Gitney
- Podcast: Applying the Business Hierarchy of Needs® to Increase Employee Engagement with Jim Gitney
- Podcast: How to avoid common mistakes with your business strategy, with author Jim Gitney
- The Engagement Dilemma with the Post Pandemic Workforce
- Implementing Strategy in a Post Pandemic Environment
- Turning Strategy Into Results Podcast with Jim Gitney and Diane Helbig
- Engage Employees on One Most Important Goal
- Case Study: Application of the Business Hierarchy of Needs® to Strategic Planning
- Manufacturing – Process Value Stream Case Study