Renée LaBran has 25+ years of operating, strategic and financial experience in corporate and early-stage company settings, and in a range of industries that include internet / digital media, technology and consumer products. Having worked as a management consultant, an operating executive and a venture capitalist, she is able to help corporations to drive growth and innovation and to manage in the face of disruption from new technologies, changing consumer needs, and other key trends. In addition to strategy development, she is also experienced in M&A and financial management.
After starting her post-MBA career as a management consultant to Fortune 500 companies, Renée worked for Times Mirror / LA Times where in addition to managing over $300M in revenues, she co-founded two Internet start-ups backed by media companies. From Times Mirror, Renée moved into venture capital, investing in early stage technology companies, and providing growth capital to consumer products companies. She currently serves as a consultant / advisor and Board Director at Idealab and other companies. Ms. LaBran holds a degree in economics from the University of California at Berkeley, and an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.
- Solemn Memorial Day
- How do I know if my company is at an Inflection Point?
- Nobody is coming for you… It’s YOUR Quadruple bypass.
- Inflection Point – Consequences of the Road Not Taken
- Strategy Doesn’t Matter – Unless You Can Execute It…
- Don’t Sell Products, Sell Systems – The Product Lifecycle Revenue Model
- Risky Business…Is your company wearing Tightie Whities?
- The Great Reassessment – Inflection Point
- Is Your Company at an Inflection Point?
- Strategic Maturity – An Imperative at This Economic Inflection Point