is the CEO and Founder of Group50® , a member of the Board of Advisors for thinaer, an IoT and Blockchain platform, and is the author of Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs®. He is considered a strategy, operations and supply chain subject matter expert. Jim leads Group50’s practices in Strategic Planning, and Manufacturing and Distribution. He has over 25 years’ experience in world class companies such as GE, Black & Decker, Sunbeam and Rain Bird. Over the past 20 years has consulted with over 200 companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100.
His background includes running large operations with multiple facilities in over 20 countries. Jim’s strength is working with boards, business owners and executives to develop business strategies and effectively implement them. He is considered a business and digital transformation expert and has written numerous articles on the subject. During his career, Jim has had multiple C-level assignments and his experience includes Executive Chairman, Board Member, CEO, business development, marketing/sales and operations. Jim’s background covers various industries including consumer and industrial products, the internet, government, aerospace, healthcare, professional services and high-tech.
He was instrumental in 11 operational and financial restructurings and has routinely implemented business strategies that have delivered double digit improvements on both the top line and bottom line for his clients and operations he has managed. He was also instrumental in the integration of multiple acquisitions. His professional experience is complemented by a BSME from the University of Delaware and a MBA from Gannon University.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Podcast: Jim Gitney with Host David Bookbinder on “Behind the Numbers”
- Making Continuous Improvement a Reality
- Building Effective Procurement and Supply Chains Using Data Analysis -Live Webinar with Jim Gitney –
- Stopping Short of Excellence – Overcoming “Good Enough”
- Group50® Consulting in Manufacturing and Distribution
- Group50® Supply Chain Consultants: Empowering Businesses through Expertise
- Strategic Planning Consultants: Your Complete Guide
- 10 Elements of an Effective Supply Chain
- Optimizing Operations: The Role and Benefits of Supply Chain Consulting
- Managing the Productivity Cycle