is the CEO and Founder of Group50® , a member of the Board of Advisors for thinaer, an IoT and Blockchain platform, and is the author of Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs®. He is considered a strategy, operations and supply chain subject matter expert. Jim leads Group50’s practices in Strategic Planning, and Manufacturing and Distribution. He has over 25 years’ experience in world class companies such as GE, Black & Decker, Sunbeam and Rain Bird. Over the past 20 years has consulted with over 200 companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 100.
His background includes running large operations with multiple facilities in over 20 countries. Jim’s strength is working with boards, business owners and executives to develop business strategies and effectively implement them. He is considered a business and digital transformation expert and has written numerous articles on the subject. During his career, Jim has had multiple C-level assignments and his experience includes Executive Chairman, Board Member, CEO, business development, marketing/sales and operations. Jim’s background covers various industries including consumer and industrial products, the internet, government, aerospace, healthcare, professional services and high-tech.
He was instrumental in 11 operational and financial restructurings and has routinely implemented business strategies that have delivered double digit improvements on both the top line and bottom line for his clients and operations he has managed. He was also instrumental in the integration of multiple acquisitions. His professional experience is complemented by a BSME from the University of Delaware and a MBA from Gannon University.
Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs
- Strategy and Its Implementation Presentation – International Association of Strategic Planners
- Manage Self – Lead Others Podcast with Nina Sunday and Jim Gitney
- Podcast: Applying the Business Hierarchy of Needs® to Increase Employee Engagement with Jim Gitney
- Podcast: How to avoid common mistakes with your business strategy, with author Jim Gitney
- The Engagement Dilemma with the Post Pandemic Workforce
- Implementing Strategy in a Post Pandemic Environment
- Turning Strategy Into Results Podcast with Jim Gitney and Diane Helbig
- Engage Employees on One Most Important Goal
- Case Study: Application of the Business Hierarchy of Needs® to Strategic Planning
- Manufacturing – Process Value Stream Case Study