In God we trust. All others must bring data
Executives are faced with a conundrum when they are trying to decide on when and how to hire a consultant. There are typically 5 issues that nag an executive during this decision making process. Those issues typically go along these lines:
- Consultants are too expensive; especially the top tier consulting firms and they don’t get real, measureable value
- Every professional who is unemployed or underemployed is a consultant until their next job and they don’t have the appropriate bandwidth; but they are cheap
- Finding a consultant or consulting firm who is a cultural fit with the organization
- Finding a consulting firm who has all the functional resources required for an entire project.
- When to admit that we really can’t solve the problem ourselves
Continue reading The Executive Conundrum With Hiring a Consultant