Organization Effectiveness and Design Assessment
The Organization Design Assessment provides a diagnosis of organizational design, including strengths, opportunities, and recommendations on how to construct the right changes to improve business results. This process provides a method for assessing the current state of an organization, comparing these findings with both “best in class” organizations and a desired “future state,” and finally creating a plan to achieve the desired design. The Organization Effectiveness and Design Assessment can be utilized to assess and design a small sub-set of a company (department or function) or to completely re-structure a multi-location corporation. The process is the same, but the time to gather and analyse the data in order to create a holistic approach and to gain consensus varies by organization size.
- Understand how the current organization is organized, what is viewed as successful, how various systems operate, what strategies are being followed, what results are delivered and to understand the culture.
- Determine an ideal future state for this organization.
- Define the gaps between the existing and future state.
- Create a set of recommendations on how to create a plan to deliver the optimal future state and in turn the company’s business results.
Length of Process
This is totally dependent on the scale and scope of the project. However, the steps are very similar:
- Requires a vertical slice of the organization to complete with several in person meetings
- Data collection and validation
- Assessment and validation of current systems via interviews and audits (Subject Matter Experts)
- Validation of current systems with leadership and key stakeholders
- Team to create design of future state, strategy to achieve, resources required, prediction of results and statement of culture
- Validation of future systems and design with stakeholders
- Capacity and capability checkCreate action plan complete with review process and measure to ensure delivery
- Will new design deliver the expected/required?
- What resources are required to deliver the new design? Skills, training, tools, people
- Create a communication plan to share process, milestone/progress, and outcomes
Focus of Assessment and Design
- Talent Management Process
- Employee Practices
- Performance Management/Evaluation systems
- Cultural and Change Management systems
- Balanced Scorecard (Financial, Employee, Community, Sustainability, etc.)
- Goals and Plans for each Department/Function
- Vision, Mission, Values alignment and utilization
- Diversity and Inclusion programs
- Data review
- Interviews – Internal and External, ee’s, Leadership, Stakeholders, Board, etc.
- Audits of existing Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Culture and Change Management processes
- Facilitation of review of results and go-forward recommendations
The output of the Organization Effectivess and Design Assessment is a report covering:
- Existing resources, measures, culture, expectations and strategies
- The desired future state for each area
- A plan and requirements to achieve the future state
- Measures/metrics and review process to ensure completion
Contact Group50 Consulting
Phone: US (909)-949-9083
Office Locations: Los Angeles, California, Connecticut, Florida
Find out about our practice areas:
- Anti-Strategy (9)
- Case Studies (4)
- Company Physicals (6)
- Continuous Improvement (25)
- Exit Planning and Transition (8)
- Global Initiatives (19)
- M&A (8)
- Manufacturing and Distribution (33)
- Market Effectiveness (22)
- Mexico (8)
- News (7)
- Organizational Development (48)
- Podcasts (2)
- Quote (11)
- Strategic Execution (55)
- Talent Management (7)
- Weekend Thought (56)